Residential Property Law and Conveyancing
Davenports West are able to assist with all aspects of residential property law.
Whether you are buying, selling, or refinancing we will handle all the necessary legal work that can otherwise add so much stress to residential property transactions.
For Commercial Property Law, click here.
Legal Advice for Buying a Property
We strongly believe that nobody should buy a property without obtaining legal advice before signing any paperwork. That is why we offer a full legal service for all aspects of residential property transactions and agreements, including:
- Residential conveyancing and mortgages
- Refinancing and financing advice
- Landlord advice and residential tenancy advice
- Subdivision and resource consents
Conveyancing refers to the legal transfer of a property title from a seller to a buyer in exchange for payment.
Davenports West provides a complete range of legal services for both vendors and purchasers of all types of residential properties ensuring that your property transaction complies with the required laws and regulations and proceeds to settlement as smoothly as possible.
We provide our clients with specialist residential conveyancing and mortgage services that include:
- Drafting or reviewing Sales and Purchase Contracts,
- Overseeing and advising on finance and security agreements,
- Checking for any planning issues or possible restrictive covenants and easements,
- Negotiating contract and mortgage amendments in your favour, and
- Any other practical matters pertaining to the property sale or purchase.
Refinancing your mortgage can be a smart approach to reducing your overall borrowing costs but you want to make sure you are getting the best deal in the long run. Just because you are offered a lower interest rate does not mean you will automatically save money.
Whether you’re just starting to consider a refinance, or ready to lock in your rate, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to refinance your home.
Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 (RTA), both landlords and tenants have rights and responsibilities when it comes to rental properties. We will ensure your tenancy agreement complies with all required tenancy laws and regulations, and is in your best interests.
Davenports West will assist you with land subdivision and the required Council resource consents. Our services include advice and completion of:
- Fee simple, cross lease and unit title subdivisions,
- Boundary adjustments,
- Staged cross lease developments,
- Title amalgamations, and
- Easement and covenant work.
For Commercial Property Law, click here
To contact us and discuss your Residential Property Law needs, click here.